Do you ever have days when you wish that God would just explain everything to you? I am having one of those. I was just listening to the song "Blessed be your name" and found myself in tears when the words 'you give and take away' came on. A friend of mine who is an amazing mother lost twin babies yesterday. The 18 week ultrasound showed no heartbeats, so she had to give birth to dead babies. I know things go wrong sometimes in pregnancies and I am well aware that we live in a fallen world where crap happens but I have moments where it is very clear to me that God's ways are not my ways and His thoughts are not my thoughts.
I know people desperate for children who are finding they can't get pregnant, and yet thousands of women fall pregnant each year and abort their babies. Why? Why would God give babies to people who are just going to 'get rid' of them and yet withold these beautiful blessings from others? I know there aren't any quick answers or anything and am probably just venting through my tears right now but I can't help feeling this way today. I guess if I could understand God then He wouldn't really be God but I may have a long list of questions to ask Him when I get to heaven!
No comments:
Post a Comment