Sunday, July 31, 2011

leaving things to fester...

This yucky mould is on the back of a photo frame containing some of my beautiful wedding photos.

It was also inside the frame and on the photos, there were 3 like this and they all went in the bin. Thankfully we have our wedding photos on a disc and they are easily replaced. So how did this happen?

Can you see the small gap in the background of this photo between the wardrobe and the wall, that's where the frames were. When we had more kids and therefore had more pics to put on the hooks on the walls some of the wedding ones got taken down and this seemed like a good spot to put them at the time. But if you have a look at the back of the chest of drawers in this photo you will see warped and discoloured chipboard, because it was damp. The bottom part that is damaged is the part that was against the wall underneath our bedroom window, the same wall the photo frames were leaning against.

I spent a couple of hours on the weekend scrubbing mould off walls (I don't have pics of the walls, hubby took some on his phone but they're not on the computer) and throwing things out, and we have to now move our clothes out of these drawers and get rid of them too, they were driving me nuts anyway because the drawers keep getting stuck and not moving, now I know why! So why am I telling you all this?

I noticed a few weeks ago that our room smelt damp, but I was busy and didn't check where it was coming from. It wasn't until I moved something and saw mould taking over the place that I realised the extent of the problem and by then the damage was done. I'm not sure of the cause, we had a few rainy weeks so maybe damp is gathering under the house, the owner is getting someone around to check things out. But whatever the cause, it most certainly would not have been that bad if I had dealt with it sooner and that got me thinking.

There has been some yucky mould festering in my heart too. When I dropped Jaden at his first scouts meeting last week I walked in and the first person I saw was another parent and I recognised her. She works at the real estate we used to rent though and she is the one who said blatant lies about me when we moved out of our previous house. My blood boiled as soon as I saw her and I sent Brett a text message saying that she was there and I didn't use a very nice word to describe her. I then saw her this weekend when I dropped Jaden off at his camp, and again when I picked him up (he had a great time on the camp by the way, yay!). Each time I could feel myself getting agitated. She smiled at me and I just looked away, I couldn't smile at this woman. Yep i'm representing Jesus beautifully right now aren't I??? oh dear :-(

The incident that involved this woman happened more than 2 years ago, the truth came out and I was shown to be right, so why am I still so angry? She probably doesn't even recognise or remember me, I was just another renter to her, but her mere presence stirs me all up inside. It appears I have let some damp and mould fester in my heart, time to do some more scrubbing, this is not the kind of person I want to be, I want to show Jesus love to people, I want to be able to return a smile to someone whether they have ever made me cranky or not, I don't wany yucky mould destroying anything else anytime soon in my home or in my heart!!!

1 comment:

Shanda said...

Great analogy. We lived in Central America for 14 years and the mold ruined so many of our things. It is hard to control and you have to be constantly cleaning it off. You are right....our hearts are the same. We can't let it grow.