Monday, April 18, 2011

celebrations!

April is a crazy birthday month amongst my family and friends and this past week has been a very busy one full of lots of cake! I think Bethany thought it was the best week ever. On Monday it was the birthday of one of my dearest friends so we popped round and surprised her with a birthday cake and some balloons. Then  Thursday was my aunty, Friday was my mother and Saturday was me. Most of the time we have always ended up doing joint things but not this year which was a bit weird but actually really nice to have something that was just mine. I didn't actually get to see my aunty this year, just spoke to her and posted her a card, everyone is just too busy! But for mum's birthday I decided a couple of days beforehand to give her a small party and gathered up a couple of her close friends plus my sister, cousin and I (and quite a lot of kids between us too) for lunch at my place. Again there were balloons and cake so Bethy was most impressed and I tried making a new dessert for the first time because my mum loves banoffie pie and it was DELICIOUS!!! My sister has asked for one for her birthday :-)



Then we had a busy weekend. Friday night a friend took me out for dinner because she couldn't come to my party, so I fed everyone else tuna pasta bake then I went out for steak, felt a bit mean but I knew they were getting to go out the next night. Sat was my birthday and I had 50 people join us at the Outback Steakhouse for dinner which was really lovely. I made myself a pretty sunflower cake and my mum surprised me by having some helium balloons set up when I got there. I turned 36 which is a bit of an odd age for a party but I really wanted to have a big celebration for 35 last year and ended up not doing what I planned because I was just too pregnant to be bothered, so I decided to have a party this year instead!

 This is me and my little sis.


 We had 3 tables full of people there to celebrate me, I felt very loved :-)
 Sparklers!

Then Sunday was another busy day. We went to church in the morning, then went to a first birthday party in the afternoon, then we had a farewell party for the pastor of my old church at night, where there was yet again cake. The kids didn't get to bed till 9pm and after 2 late nights in a row they were a bit grumpy today, but they certainly enjoyed all the festivities, especially my little Bethy who thoroughly enjoyed the fairy 1st birthday party.


There is still more partying to come in April. My dad's birthday is this Friday and we are getting togther for that, then Elora's birthday is next Tuesday and she is having a party on the Saturday. So more balloons, more cake and more celebrations to come, Bethy will be pleased! :-)

2 comments:

singing mama said...

Such a busy fun party season!!! So glad you enjoyed Saturday night!!! And your cake looked great, clever you!!!
Luv Donna

kathy said...

What a fun week!:)