Monday, May 9, 2011

Jumping out of the box!

I am inspired and amazed at what God is doing in my life right now! When I posted a few weeks back about the amazing things God did in my life at Colour Conference I had no idea of how different things would end up being in my life! Living life with that paralysing fear of inadequacy, of not being good enough and always trying to please everyone around me had suffocated me far more than I ever realised. I have become brave, I have become spontaneous, I have stopped caring about what other people think. I am busier than I was before but more peaceful (most of the time!), it's a whole new world!

So what's changed? Well I posted after Colour that I realised I could actually homeschool Jaden for high school without resorting to distance ed because if God calls me to do it then He believes I am capable. The thoughts of home schooling him that made me panic before now excite me and I can't wait to start!! I posted off the form to the Board of Studies last week for registration because I have my curriculum organised so now I just wait to hear from the person who will come out and visit us. I looked at the curriculum I worked out and was amazed by its simplicity. You should see the one I made when we first applied for home schooling a few years ago, it was pages long and full of all the things I thought we should be doing so that Jaden didn't miss out on anything he would cover at school, I had totally missed the point!

This time it's basic, covering great topics, maths of course, lots of literature, science, art etc, but all in forms that work well for Jaden such as literature based learning, notebooking, not endless pages of worksheets that he never reatins any information from anyway. The whole point of homeschooling him was because his special needs made it hard for him to cope within the mainstream system, so why on earth was I trying to replicate that at home? Simply because I was worried about all the negative things people had said, instead of listening to the one voice that matered, God's! The voice of truth who made my son, knows my son and knows what's best for him! And so soon we will be free of the distance ed saftety net that is strangling us and ready for a brave new world of learning!

What else has changed? Well I have just started up my own business, I never saw that one coming! I love throwing parties and going to lots of effort with themes and have often had comments from people who saw those parties about doing it as a business. I never took that seriously because I had zero confidence in my abilities and placed very little value on my skills and creativity. Well after Elora's 1st birthday party an old friend saw the photos on facebook and hired me to replicate the ladybug theme for her daughter's party in July. And then an idea was born that I couldn't shake, that I could really do this. I would never have been brave enough to even give it a shot before, but I couldn't shake that prompting and so my new business was born.

Then I was brave again and made a website for it. Why is that brave? Because I am a technophobe who understands very little about technology, but I couldn't afford to pay someone to do it so had to give it a shot myself and I discovered I could do it! Granted I used a service that is pretty easy to use and my website is quite basic, but I am really proud of myself for stepping outside my comfort zone and giving it a go. I ended up paying for a domain name but I could do that because I have already been paid for my first job and so I reinvested some of that into my business. I then figured out the google adwords thing that had me very confused at first and used a credit voucher from the people I got my domain name from to get my business on google, and already today, the first morning it's been there I have had 2 booking enquiries. I am sooooo excited!!! Now some people may think it's insanity to homeschool my son, run a business, not to mention having a 1 year old and 2 year old as well, but I know it's all part of a greater purpose. I am certainly not superwoman, but neither am I scaredycat woman anymore and if I manage my time wisely I can do this, it's all about priorities, so TV wont make the cut but there is no eternal value in that anyway so who cares??

This is a kingdom business and it's God's money, some is being sown into the A21 capaign to fight human trafficking, some has already been put aside to purchase the maths program I want for Jaden's schooling (God's perfect timing there!) and God will show me where it needs to go as bookings come up. It's not about becoming a rich business entrepeneur, it's about using what I have in my hand to do what God asks me to do and as a family with 3 kids on one income it's a job I can do that works well around my kids and works well with my passion for all children, how clever is God to find me a job I love when I wasn't even looking for one! If you want to have a look at my new business go here.

This is one woman who has been unleashed, jumped out of the box and is embracing what God has for my future, wherever that leads!!

2 comments:

Heart n Soul said...

wow...a very inspiring story....lovely :)

Sarah said...

This is so awesome Caz...Praise God for His goodness and His timing is always perfect. I love how the Lord uses our passions. Well done for stepping out of the boat! xxx