We also had some standard party games that were ladybug and garden themed. We did pass the parcel with butterfly or bee stickers in each layer and the prize was a cute stuffed ladybug. We also did pin the ladybug on the sunflower and everyone got a particpation prize from my red prize box, many of which were ladybugs (bubble bath, lip gloss, sticky legged critters), there were also butterfly, bee and dragonfly things in there.
We had lunch, which the birthday girl enjoyed!
Elora went all shy when people were singing happy birthday but she was also smiling and seemed to know it was something nice for her.
All the kids seemed to have a good day and went home totally worn out, including our own. We didn't end up opening gifts until later at home after both the girls had a sleep!!! Elora was very impressed with her pressies, although she has to fight off the big sister to get her hands on any of them!!
It turned out to be quite a big event, with lots of people and lots of effort put in, but I love throwing themed parties and seeing kids have heaps of fun. Jaden used to get excited every year as his birthday approached and people would look forward to getting invited (he is going to lazer zone this year, I just turn up and pay them, will be a nice change LOL)! I like to lavish love on my kids all the time but especially on their birthdays. I know you don't need a big party to do that but it's something I'm good at doing and so I do it!! I think this one was particularly special to me because it's been a tough year and it was definately worth celebrating that we have not only survived it but flourished through it!!
One unexpected result of Elora's party was that someone who saw the photos on facebook has hired me to do their daughter's birthday party in July. I have had many people comment over the years that I should do kids parties as a job but never really took that seriously, but when someone actually said, 'my daughter wants a ladybug party I will pay you to do it' I got really excited that my creativity has value to other people and am looking forward to maybe pursuing future possibilities with this. Not exactly sure where it will head but I have my first job as a party planner and that is very exciting!! :-)







1 comment:
This is awesome, Carolyn! Well done. How good is God's gift of creative hands? Love it.
Post a Comment