Monday, July 4, 2011

Celebrating hubby!

My lovely husband, Brett, had a birthday recently and in the midst of the sudden turn for the worst and death of a very close family friend I never got around to blogging about it. So since my hubby is very special and deserves to be made a fuss of I am doing a belated post about his 35th birthday that happened 2 weeks ago! I set up the usual birthday bits and pieces of balloons, birthday banner etc and we had a special cooked brekky. Hubby got some lovely cards, a Man vs Wild DVD and some money to buy some new clothes.



We then had birthday cake when he got home from work.


Then on the Saturday night we had a special dinner out with friends and family and I made a cricket bat cake cause Brett is part of an indoor cricket team and enjoys it very much!



These are some of the guys from church that play on the cricket team and have become great friends to Brett and are really helping him to blossom at Hillsong :-)

Hubby ordered ribs, it was HUGE and it defeated him so we had to take home a doggy bag.

Bethy loved the sparklers.

And then she tried to help cut the cake by attacking it with a spoon!

Jaden enjoying some yummy birthday cake.

Brett is a wonderful man and works hard to take good care of his family. He is such a softie and loves being silly with the girls. He is sweet and funny and cheeky and I love him very much. Happy birthday hubby!! :-)

1 comment:

lusi said...

Happy belated birthday Brett!
Looks like he had a great time Carolyn :)
Love to you guys,
Lusi x